The River District Board of Management is comprised of members elected to represent the interests of River District merchants and City Councillors and is supported by City of Owen Sound staff.
The River District Board of Management and staff are committed to maintaining and developing the River District community and providing a welcoming experience for residents and visitors.
With the wide ranging needs of a diverse River District community, the River District Board of Management continues to work towards developing policy, programs, and resources that benefit merchants and businesses throughout the River District. Examples include:
- Enhanced River District maintenance (cleaning, watering, weeding, etc.)
- Ongoing River District promotion (events, branding, promotions, etc.)
- Strengthening River District community communications (newsletter, website, site visits, etc.)
- Special programs (River District Gift Certificates, etc.)
- Advocacy (representing the collective voice of the members)
- Networking within the River District community, and through alliances with other business and community sectors (meetings, committees, events, etc.)
River District Constitution
The River District Constitution provides all policy and procedure information relating to the board.
The River District Block Captains
- Welcome new businesses or operators of businesses;
- Notify businesses of upcoming events, initiatives, or important River District Board of Management agenda items;
- Obtain feedback on initiatives where feedback from the membership is warranted;
- Provide feedback to River District Board of Management who represent the membership;
- Ensure that businesses know who the point of contact is with the City for various communications, resources or concerns;
- Act as a liaison between City staff, the River District Board of Membership to the members; and
- Facilitate meetings and cooperation among businesses.
Volunteer with the River District
Volunteers make all the difference at events; they support their community, network with new people, learn different skills, and help ensure events run smoothly.
Would you like to be a part of successful and fun events? Are you a supporter of the Owen Sound River District? Then consider volunteering at any or all of our River District events throughout the year.
Contact us if you'd like to learn more about volunteer opportunities that align with your skills, interests, and availability.